Future You Exercise
Future You Exercise
Exercise to tap into your future business
Do you know what a life of your dreams would look, feel, sound, taste and smell like? If you don’t, I suggest you stop now – grab a pen and paper and give yourself thirty minutes to an hour of uninterrupted time and complete this exercise:
- Imagine your ideal business one year from now. Maybe it’s traveling around the world giving talks or workshops; perhaps it’s having a consistent flow of 2 or 10 or 20 clients every week day with weekends off; it could be traveling around the world exploring historical cities and at the end of each month you have a group of workshop attendees ready to learn from you for the next two weeks until you go off on your next trip. Whatever lifestyle and business you DREAM of, write it down.
- Who’s there, what does it look like, what are you surrounded by, what emotions are you feeling, what do you hear around you, what self-talk do you have? Are there any smells or tastes?
- What would you love to be happening? What do you yearn for? What is an absolute must in your future business and lifestyle it supports? What don’t you want in there?
Once you’ve done that close your eyes for 10 minutes with all distractions turned off; phone, computer, alerts… and imagine how it would BE living that life? Put your hand on your heart and really get into this imagining you are living that life now; SEE what you would See, HEAR what you would hear, talk to yourself how you would talk to yourself, see the people who would be there, see your surroundings, hear the noises or peace and quiet around you living your dream life. Really live that dream life now. Get all your senses involved. How does that make you FEEL? Really feel that feeling in your body, and when you feel you’ve really experienced it open your eyes and write down a story about what your life looks like.
3. Now ask yourself
- if money and time were no object, what would you do?
- If you knew you couldn’t fail, what would you do?
- What is missing from your life? – when you answer this question, just compile a list of what is missing: a loving relationship, a secure job, a healthy lifestyle, etc. You don’t need to write ‘My health is missing from my life’.
- Go back to the story you wrote of your dream life and see if you need to add anything new after answering these questions.
- Keep this dream life you’ve written down in an easily accessible place, like your bedside table, next to your computer or with your phone. Even draw a representation of it or create a vision board. Whenever you think of it or have 5 minutes to spare you can read through it, to refresh your memory; adjust it and get it clear in your mind.
- Think of one small action you can take that day towards it, even if it is just looking up a phone number, reading through an article, following up with a client, or writing a post. Don’t under estimate the power of taking the action after connecting with this future you.
- Take one small step every day towards this dream.
Repeat daily or as required
If you would LOVE to:
- Get CLEAR on where you’re heading with your business, and what that will provide for you
- RE-CONNECT with the vision of your business, so you can get excited and inspired again;
- Set the groundwork for those clients that light you up, so you can finally get paid to do what you love
Book a Re-connect with your vision session here so you can walk away feeling:
🎯 Inspired with new insights and aha moments;
🎯 Excited you now have a clear vision of where you’re headed and how to get there;
🎯 Ready to get serious about your business, so you can live your dream.